Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Crooked House

And now for something completely different - a house that's intentionally all askew.

Some real half timber houses do look crooked, because they were built with unseasoned timbers that warped as they dried. This one is based on a design I made a few years ago, but I've changed most of the angles to be greater or less than square. It's amazing what a difference 2.5 to 5 degrees can make in this small scale.

This is a card stock mockup, something I do for new designs to make sure everything will fit together properly. There will be a chimney on the right side, but I didn't bother with that on the mockup, since it will just be added to the outside.

2 comments:

  1. I have a well deserved Kreativ Blogger award on my web site for you, Nell, if you would like to collect it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nell, your work is just incredible! I also have an award for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Followers