Thursday, October 21, 2010

The other side

This is the front of the gate house. As is the case with the original, there is a bench on the left side. A good place to leave deliveries, or to sit while witing for the gate keeper to come downstairs.

You can see the 4 x 6 note cards with elevation drawings of the house in the background. They are propped up so I can refer to the measurements when I'm cutting the timbers for the walls - and there are a lot of timbers!  I use N scale 2 x 8 and 2 x 6 strip wood for the timbers, and stain them using Minwax stain pens; usually "Provincial", a light brown.

3 comments:

  1. There is a miniature plate with Stokesay Castle's half timbered gate house on it.
    Your tiny one is going to be beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the mention of Stokesay, Catherine! I did a web search, and found some great images.
    One more thing for my "to do" list!

    ReplyDelete

Followers